Last night, I finished 2 cards + 1 bonus card using some gel press backgrounds I had in my stash. I love using my gel press and brayer to make some quick backgrounds. I used Distress Oxide inks on full 8-1/2″ x 11″ cardstock and then I filed them away in a folder.
To give my cards an interesting look, I opted to make arches and if you’ve read my previous posts, you know how much I love the Arches nested die set by Essentials by Ellen. At the time of this posting, Ellen Hutson is retiring and there’s a 50% off on items on their website and you can check out the sale here.
Creating the Card Panels
My gel press backgrounds are trimmed to 3-3/4″ x 5″ and glued to white cardstock sized 4″ x 5-1/4″. I took the arch die that is the 4th from the largest size and die cut this panel out. I ended with 2 cards plus I’ll have a bonus card later in this post.
I added double-sided foam tape to the back of these panels for dimension and I adhered it to my cardbases. Now that, that is done I worked on my trees and for that, I used Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Greenery set. I die cut it onto more gel press backgrounds and for an additional touch, I painted some gold on the edges of the leaves with Watercolor Starlight gold paint. Then, added some white splatters with Distress Paint.
I let my trees dry and then die cut my sentiment which is Pinkfresh Studio Holiday Classic Word die set. It comes with the shadow which I used black cardstock and the letters in white. I also cut some gold thread to tie a bow around my trees and that’s from Altenew. Adhered my sentiments and these 2 cards were done!
Now for the bonus card, it is an Arch-shaped card with embossing on top. I used the largest arch die for the cardbase. Behind it is green cardstock from Simon. I also included the arch border that cuts out with all the arch dies in this set. For the tree, I just painted it with the white gold so it has a shimmery, shiny effect. I adhered it and the sentiment and this beauty was done. If you’re interested, check out more arch shaped cards here, here and here.
Some of the links to the products I used are affiliate links which means that when you shop with them, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me run my small crafty business. Thank you so much!
- Essential Arches by Essentials by Ellen
- Honey Bee Stamps “Greenery” Lovely Layers Dies Set here or here
- Pinkfresh Studio Classic Holiday Die Set (not available 🙁 )
- Gel Press 8 x 10 size, 5 x 7 size here
- Distress Oxide Inks (Collections and Bundles available too)
- Accents 100 lb. White Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Assorted Cardstock (100 lb.), you can also buy it in A2 size for a lot less at Simon here.
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colors (set of 6 colors)
- Ngwall Flat Paintbrush (set of 12)
- Distress “Picket Fence” paint
- Bearly Art Liquid Glue
- Glassboard Craft Mat → Use my Code → KIMCARDS20 at checkout
- Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting/Embossing Machine here or here
- Spellbinders Universal Plate System – here, here or here
- Craft Reverse Tweezers by EK Tools (great for picking up die cut pieces)
- Paper Trimmer: Tim Holtz here (Ranger), here (Scrapbook.com) or here (AZ)
- Double Sided Foam Tape
- Mini White Wood Risers (2-pack) – AZ