Hiya everyone! Today, I’m sharing some Valentine’s Day cards I made with Spellbinders “Birdhouses through the Seasons” die collection designed by Vicky Papaioannou. I love these sets of birdhouses for each season and I’ve shared previous cards here and here if you’re interested!
This time, I’m making these for Valentine’s Day. The difference this time is I didn’t use any of the birds, I wanted to frame my houses with flowers instead and I really like how they came out!
I did all my die cutting and piecing my flowers first (leaves too!). Then, I die cut all my birdhouses. For 2 cards, I added a heart over the bow that comes in the collection. The other, I added a pearl. I love how all 4 die sets work so well together. I love mixing and matching the rooftop!
I used Simon Says Stamp’s Blossom Field 3D embossing folder on my card panels. After placing that on my card bases, I played with placement of the houses and flowers. I also paired it with that Love heart/arrow die from Dress my Craft along with the CZ Designs reverse “Love you More” sentiment strips.
It was a lot of work to pull these together so I spaced it out over a couple of days but I also found the process so therapeutic as I was watching videos while I was die cutting 🙂
- Spellbinders Birdhouses through the Seasons by Vicky Papaioannou or at Scrapbook.com
- Mini Blooms and Sprigs Etched Dies from the Slimline Collection or at Scrapbook.com
- Dress my Craft “Be my Valentine” 2-die set
- Simon Says Stamp “Blossom Field” 3D Embossing Folder
- CZ Designs Reverse “Love You More” Sentiment Strips
- Lawn Fawn Assorted Color “Rainbow” Cardstock