After making my first 2 Christmas Shaker Tags yesterday, I was hooked! So much so, that I made 6 more! LOL!
To decorate these tags/ornaments, I used items from the Simple Stories Vintage Rustic Christmas paper collection and Spellbinders “Christmas Wishes” kit. I also mixed and matched my top borders with gold metallic, white and silver metallic cardstock from my stash (I think I bought it from a local store and I believe it is about 65 lbs).
I used bells, flowers and snowflakes to decorate the inside of these tags/ornaments! These are all from the Christmas Wishes kit.
I love this tag and how it looks on top of this ornament!
For the backgrounds, I used Whimsy Stamps “Blurry Flurry” paper pack! I love this paper collection. I also die cut backers with heavyweight white cardstock to give the ornaments/tags some strength. The silver metallic paper is kind of thin so the backing helped that.
For these two blue/gold tags, I combined several elements: gold star, sentiment over a pretty berries and leaves pre-cut image and “Noel” and “Believe” both gold glitter sentiments all from that Christmas Wishes kit!
The bottom tag/ornament has a hot air balloon pre-cut image and “Jolly” gold glitter sentiment as well as some of those snowflakes (those I die cut)!
I filled all my tags/ornaments with Nuvo sequins, stars and confetti!
I REMEBERED to take pics of the back of some of these ornaments that I stamped!
Be sure to read my post from yesterday if you want to know the specifics of how I made all these tags/ornaments! I’ve listed the products below but some may not be available as of the posting.
But, as cardmakers and paper crafters, we always have embellishments in our stash so to make these shaker tags, use whatever you have to decorate your tags! I’ve had some of the ephemera in my drawers for over a year and they came in handy for this project!
- Simple Stories Vintage Rustic Christmas 6 x 8 Paper Pad
- Simple Stories Vintage Rustic Woodland Bits
- Simple Stories Vintage Rustic Bits & Pieces
- Heat Resistant Acetate Sheets
- Waffle Flower Crafts Additional Circles Nested Dies
- Spellbinders Christmas Wishes – from the November 2019 card kit (no longer available) – these topper dies are close enough here or here
- Whimsy Stamps “Blurry Flurries” Pattern paper pack
- Darice Foam Strips
- Nuvo “Mirrorball” Confetti (part of a set of 4 “Nuvo Pure Sheen Confetti”)
- Nuvo Sequins Pack
- Assorted Ribbons
- Simon Says Stamp Khaki Ink pad
- Waffle flower Crafts “Classic Holiday Sentiments” here or here
- Simon Says Stamp gold metallic cardstock