Hey, I’m back today with cards using a die set I hadn’t used before! When I placed some orders from Taylored Expressions awhile back, I got this free Coneflowers die set and I actually got 2 of these sets so I was able to die cut a bunch of these flowers!
I wanted to create a window scene so to do that, I die cut arches from the Essentials by Ellen Arches nested die set that I LOVE so much and used to make a really elegant card here! It also cuts out a thin border which I used as well. For the backgrounds, I ink blended over white cardstock with Pinkfresh Studio inks and I used these inks on my flowers. I’ve got the colors below.
- Backgrounds: Sky Blue and Sweet Mustard. I was going for a blue sky mixed with sunny sunshine!
- Coneflowers: Ballet Slipper on the petals and Doe. For the leaves; Fresh Pear
- Sentiment: Storm
- Grass: Die cut on white cardstock and ink blended with Mint and Meadow
Putting it all Together
I trimmed a couple of cardstock sheets in A2 size for some dimension to go behind my ink blended panel and arch cut out, it gave the cards more strength as well. I stamped my sentiment on the ink blended card panel.
Next, I glued down the ink blended card panel, then glued the grass but I only added the glue at the bottom. Because I used 2 layers of the grass and wanted my coneflowers to stick inside the grass, I only added the glue on the bottom.
So after adhering the grass, I added my arch and arch border and lastly I added my coneflowers. I love having the flowers stick outside the borders. These cards came out so dreamy!
Thanks for reading!
Some of the links to the products I used are affiliate links which means that when you shop with them, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me run my small crafty business. Thank you so much!
- Taylored Expressions Coneflower Die Set
- Essential Arches by Essentials by Ellen
- Hero Arts sentiment (no longer available), so sorry 🙁
- KSKRAFT Slimline Grass die set
- Pinkfresh Studio Inks
- Blending Brushes, large size here, tiny size here
- Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting/Embossing Machine here or here
- Spellbinders Universal Plate System – here, here or here
- Stamp Positioner: Misti here, here, here or here
- Glassboard Craft Mat → Use my Code → KIMCARDS20 at checkout
- Craft Reverse Tweezers by EK Tools (great for picking up die cut pieces)
- Paper Trimmer: Tim Holtz here (Ranger), here (Scrapbook.com) or here (AZ)
- Accents 100 lb. White Cardstock
- Bearly Art Glue
- Mini White Wood Risers (2-pack) – AZ