I’m hooked on easel cards! They are so easy to make and boy I just loved making these 2 cards and the ones in this post.
For my 2 cards today, I used Pink Fresh Studio’s “In the Meadow” stencil/washi tape/die set! Is an oldie but goodie collection to decorate the front of the cards. To give the front side some strength and dimension, I also used Pink Fresh Studio’s “Stitched Diamonds” Cover Plate on one of the panels and Vicki Boutin’s “Sweet Rush” stencil set on the other. I ink blended this stencil with “Watermelon” Pawsitively Saturated ink pad from Simon Says Stamp.
For the card on the left, I adhered my washi tape over the cover die and I trimmed 1 more piece of cardstock to A2 size and added it behind the panel to give it more strength. For the card on the right, I die cut a circle window on the stencil background and glued it directly over the washi tape.
I stamped the sentiments and die cut them with a circle die a few times to once again add dimension.
For the stopper portion on the inside of my cards I trimmed that piece with 2 sheets of white cardstock to 4-1/4″ x 2″ (but before that, I used the cover die again. This brings the design into the inside of the cards). I also used the “In the Meadow” stencil, then die cut it with a heart die. I also die cut several more hearts to build dimension but also to be sure it would be strong enough to hold the card in the easel position.
I truly love how these cards look, they’re so pretty! They’re a neat way to make a card more interesting to display.
- Pinkfresh Studio “In the Meadow” Washi Tape/Stencil/Stamp/Die
- Pinkfresh Studio Washi Tape complete collections
- Pink Fresh Studio “Stitched Diamonds” Cover Plate
- Vicki Boutin “Sweet Rush” Stencil 3-pack Collection
- Welcome to Joyful Home 4-set Sentiments Stamp Sets
- Heart Nested Dies
- Stitched Shape Dies (set of 6 shapes)
- Simon Says Stamp “Watermelon” Pawsitively Saturated Ink
- Simon Says Stamp “Intense Black” ink pad
- Neenah Solar White Crest 110 lb. cardstock
- Bearly Art Glue