I finally got some stitching done! YAY! I find stitching on cards so therapeutic 😀 And, it seems I’m on the easel card kick these days cause I can’t stop making them! Check out these posts for more easel cards!
Let’s start with the stitching first. The die is from Spellbinders May 2022 Small Die of the Month called “Stitched Hello”. It is a large die that fills up an A2 size cards quite nicely. But, the letters can be used separately without the full die. I’ve used this die on another card here. And, if stitching isn’t your jam, that’s fine, you can place the die over some colored cardstock and it’ll look just as pretty.
I used DMC Floss in various colors as well as some variegated. I’ll have a link to all the supplies at the bottom of this post.
Typically, I go for more neutral colors for my cards but time, I went BIG AND BOLD! The card panel is a deep blue violet cardstock from Simon Says Stamp. The letters, I die cut on lavender metallic cardstock (I love how the die puts those lines on the letters). I used Pink Fresh Studio’s “Diagonal” Cover Die on it to add some interest and added white pearls to the centers of my flowers.
I also die cut the Hello die once more to add for dimension. The letters I die cut twice more on white cardstock also for dimension.
time for the easel portion
Easel cards are sooo fun and so easy to make! If you’ve never made one, I recommend watching Jennifer McGuire’s video because she goes into it step by step and you can make them in different sizes. I stuck with A2 size.
For my stopper on the inside of the card, I went very basic just trimming my cardstock to frame my sentiment.
The inside sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps’ sentiment strips “Birthdays, Send Happiness” pack. I love these strips for quickly adding to my cards.
I so love how this card turned out, there’s so many ways to dress up this die set with stitching!
- Spellbinders “Stitched Hello” Die
- DMC Variegated Embroidery Floss Bundle
- Embroidery Floss Set (solid colors)
- Embroidery needles here, here and here
- Pink Fresh Studio “Stitched Diamonds” Cover Plate
- Simon Says Stamp “Birthdays, Send Happiness” sentiment strips
- Simon Says Stamp Blue Violet Cardstock
- Cardstock Warehouse “Pretty in Pastels” Cardstock
- Metallic Lavender Cardstock (this pack is the closest I could find to what I have in my stash)
- Accents 100 lb. White Cardstock
- Bearly Art Glue