Hi friends! I have a confession, I actually made these cards early July but didn’t share them until today. That’s because, I go through phases in my cardmaking. Sometimes, I have a design idea that comes together great, other times not. When I first made these cards, I didn’t like them.
Why am I sharing them then? Well, that’s because I want this blog to be a learning and growing cardmaking journey. So, sometimes, I’ll hit the mark and sometimes not so much. But by sharing, I can look back to see how I grew as a crafter and designer.
So that said, here we go! I love using my Copics and I really LOVE the coloring of my critters. Be sure to check out Part 3’s post. I used the same Copic markers to colors for these cards as I did in that post. Lawn Fawn has some of the cutest images! I also made some cute gift tags with the elephant from this set!
I wanted to do something different with my scenes so I die cut them using a circle die and mixed/matched them with Paper Rose’s “Sunny Days” pattern paper. Not sure if my choice was right, but when I looked at the pics tonight, I kinda like the card designs!
I die cut my images with my Brother Scan ‘N Cut because at the time, I didn’t have the coordinating dies. There’s a link to the dies below and I’ve now have them as well.
I also used scraps from other pattern papers from my stash. I think we creators can’t be afraid to share our work because that’s how we grow. I may revisit making these cards again to look better. I dunno…but I do like where my coloring is going a lot!
- Lawn Fawn “Wild for You” Stamp Set
- Lawn Fawn “Wild for You” Coordinating Die or get the bundle here
- Lawn Fawn’s “Hillside” die set
- Simon Says Stamp “Clouds for Days” stencil
- Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks – Collection #1
- Brother Scan ‘N Cut SDX125 or here or see the full list of Scan ‘N Cut Machines
- Copic Sketch Markers here, here or here
- Waffle Flower Crafts “Additional Circles” Nested Dies
- Paper Rose “Sunny Days” 12″ x 12″ Pattern Paper Collection or 6″ x 6″ paper pad here
- Pinkfresh Studio “Scallop” Frame Die Set
- Paper Rose “Butterfly Garden” Cardmaking Kit
- Accents 100 lb. White Cardstock
- EK Tools Precision Scissors (great for fussy cutting)
- Simon Says Stamp “Intense Black” ink pad
- White #10 Gelly Roll Pen